wry neck due to fox attack.

putalarach

Hatching
May 20, 2024
I need to know how many ml of Vitamin E and Selenium to give my laying chicken ( Bubbles)?
I bought Durvet Gel Selenium & Vitamin E for Goats. Thanks so much!

Welcome To BYC

Sorry about your chicken, hopefully the wounds are healing well?
If you have photos you wish to share, please post them.

I would take the Gel back if it's unopened and get some Vitamin E and B-Complex to treat the bird.

Below is how to give the vitamins.

Looks like Wry Neck which is a neurological symptom. Some common causes of Wry Neck are Marek's disease, trauma and vitamin deficiency.

I would try vitamin therapy.

Go to your Walmart, CVS, etc. and buy a bottle of Vitamin E (400IU) and B-Complex. Give her 1 vitamin E pill and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily for a couple of weeks. Offer him a treat of egg or tuna to help with the uptake of E.

View attachment 3678197View attachment 3678198

I would not use Goat Vitamin E and Selenium.
You would have to give 4ml to get 400IU Vitamin E and that would put you at 46.4mcg of Selnium which is way too high of a dose. Max Selenium dose is 25mcg for poultry, but it can be toxic in large quantities. Vitamin B1 is also a support vitamin for neurological issues and the goat vitamin does not contain that, so you would need to buy vitamins anyway.

View attachment 3678199

I wanted you to know my Chicken made a full recovery and has returned back to the flock. It was a little slow at first, but she made it!! Thanks so much for your help

Back
Top Bottom