Update- I purchased them all and will prepare the following daily meal:

All chopped up and mixed together
1/2 hard boiled egg
1/4 or 1/2 vitamin B complex (2 servings)
1 vitamin E softgel

I will also add colloidal silver to the water, just not yet sure how much but I will attach a pic of the water feeder and hopefully someone can answer.

I am also unsure if I should mix a little starter feed, I’m currently using a mix of it with a hard boiled egg.
image.jpg

So I have these four in my cart, can someone check if they’re okay to use before I purchase?View attachment 3779327View attachment 3779328

1/2 hard boiled egg
1 vitamin E softgel

I will also add colloidal silver to the water, just not yet sure how much but I will attach a pic of the water feeder and hopefully someone can answer.

I am also unsure if I should mix a little starter feed, I’m currently using a mix of it with a hard boiled egg.View attachment 3779335
Looks good.
I'd increase that Vitamin E to 2 gel caps since you are giving to 2 chicks. The E is very important for the chick with Wry Neck.

Tiny Quail like that, grind that food up if you have a food processor or blender, they are not really able to pick up even the small crumble pieces of food.

You can soak the feed to make it a mash if you wish, but the food needs to be where they can handle it for the first week. After that, they can usually handle larger pieces of crumbles.

I have a dedicated food processor I grind up feed in, for Quail, I grind it to almost a powder for the first week.

Cute 'lil things aren't they!

1/2 hard boiled egg
1 vitamin E softgel

I am also unsure if I should mix a little starter feed, I’m currently using a mix of it with a hard boiled egg.View attachment 3779335
Looks like the waterer volume is about 1-2cups. You can add 2-3 droppers to the waterer for a couple days then lessen it to a dropper until you don't think they need it anymore :)

Thank you both! So nothing I ordered arrived yet despite being advertised overnight shipping, except the goat tube that I no longer need lol. Here’s a pic of its contents, vitamin E does seem low. I do prefer hard-boiled egg instead because they like it, especially the way I prepared it for them today. I crushed some starter feed and chopped them all up together. I used a whole egg since it’s going to be 24 hours until I can refill it. I’ll see how much of it they eat until then and make adjustments, along with the vitamins and colloidal silver that should arrive.

I will also need something dedicated to grind the feed. Can anyone recommend me one? I truly appreciated all the help! 🙏
IMG_1377.jpeg
IMG_1379.jpeg

I just use a cheap food processor to grind up the feed.

What I wrote a while back about the Goat Gel is posted below. There's a reason why most of us suggest the things we do. I would just give the egg and see that they are eating the food really well.
If need be, soak a small amount of feed, this will make it nice and soft so they can manage it.
Go to your Walmart, CVS, etc. and buy a bottle of Vitamin E (400IU) and B-Complex. Give her 1 vitamin E pill and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily for a couple of weeks. Offer him a treat of egg or tuna to help with the uptake of E.

1699329909122.png
1699329929426.png

I would not use Goat Vitamin E and Selenium.
You would have to give 4ml to get 400IU Vitamin E and that would put you at 46.4mcg of Selenium which is way too high of a dose. Max Selenium dose is 25mcg for poultry, but it can be toxic in large quantities. Vitamin B1 is also a support vitamin for neurological issues and the goat vitamin does not contain that, so you would need to buy vitamins anyway.

1699329970336.png

Thank you for the advice. I bought this one for $14, nice and small. And sadly this goat tube is not returnable on Amazon, so I’m stuck with it. Hopefully I’ll need it if I decide to raise a goat :p. I’m definitely going to prepare a nice meal for them with this food processor.

I was thinking of doing the same for these other 3 chicks that follow me around everywhere I go. One had splayed leg that I fixed using cup therapy and the other two I assisted on day 20 and 21 of incubation so I have them in a separate brooder as well. They’re all healthy. Can I use the same exact mix or are these vitamins and colloidal silver only for injuries? Or should I just mix starter feed with boiled egg? Thank you for the help!
IMG_1385.jpeg

Thank you for the advice. I bought this one for $14, nice and small. And sadly this goat tube is not returnable on Amazon, so I’m stuck with it. Hopefully I’ll need it if I decide to raise a goat :p. I’m definitely going to prepare a nice meal for them with this food processor.

I was thinking of doing the same for these other 3 chicks that follow me around everywhere I go. One had splayed leg that I fixed using cup therapy and the other two I assisted on day 20 and 21 of incubation so I have them in a separate brooder as well. They’re all healthy. Can I use the same exact mix or are these vitamins and colloidal silver only for injuries? Or should I just mix starter feed with boiled egg? Thank you for the help!View attachment 3780340
Colloidal silver and nutridrench/chick electrolytes & prebiotic are safe for any and all stages of life. I give both to newly hatched chicks to give them a booster and whenever I notice anything "odd" with a bird. I also add the colloidal silver to their water periodically just to help keep up the immune systems :)

Thank you so much, I’m definitely going to be doing that as well. I have another concern. For my quail chicks, I have 28 total (23 in the main brooder and 5 separated) and they are all being kept under 24/7 light. I’m using the light as a heat source and was wondering if that’s okay or if I have to switch to another heat source at night. And for my adult quail (I have 9 in a cage), at night they are being kept in total darkness because my garage light just went out. Is that okay or should I leave an external light outside the cage so they can have some partial light? Thank you

So I got a different B-complex which seems to have different nutritional values as the nature made brand. I attached both photos. The tablets I got are smaller, but appears to have way more B12 than the other brand. I’m not sure how many I should use but for now I am going to use 1 tablet along with 1/2 hard boiled egg and two vitamin E softgels and some starter feed. The food processor did not yet arrive so I will be preparing them by hand today and hopefully tomorrow I can finalize my serving sizes.
image.jpg
IMG_1395.jpeg

The B-Complex you have is fine to give. B Vitamins are water soluble, meaning that any excess will be excreted in the urine (urates) and poop, so there's no worry about overdoing on B Vitamins.

Do you have photos of your brooder set up and Quail cages?

Adult Quail really should have a natural sleep/wake cycle, so having the light off at night would be a normal thing for them. If you have are having to provide light for them in the garage, due to not enough natural light/sunlight, then it would be a good idea to turn it off late in the day and let the garage naturally go dark.

For the babies, it's fine to have light/heat on 24/7, just make sure they have food/water available since they will be eating at all hours of the day/night with a light on.
Once they are older and no longer in need of heat, you can start weening them off the light and they will learn to have a more natural sleep/wake cycle like the adults.

Thank you so much, I’m definitely going to be doing that as well. I have another concern. For my quail chicks, I have 28 total (23 in the main brooder and 5 separated) and they are all being kept under 24/7 light. I’m using the light as a heat source and was wondering if that’s okay or if I have to switch to another heat source at night. And for my adult quail (I have 9 in a cage), at night they are being kept in total darkness because my garage light just went out. Is that okay or should I leave an external light outside the cage so they can have some partial light? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom