Not an emergency just a question

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
My chicken ate to much pumpkin and I can’t say for certain but I think she threw up. It’s not poop so vomit is my next guess. Is this like people and sometimes ya just puke? Or do I need to keep an eye on her?

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
I can’t say for sure. I can see seeds in it and grass. The entire flock is acting normal ...they didn’t leave anything but the pumpkin shell.

Tycine1

Crowing
May 26, 2009
David, Chiriquí, Panama
That looks pretty normal under the conditions you've outlined :lau Incidentally, if you don't want pumpkin growing in that spot, gather up those seeds, poop and all and move them to a location that you would rather that they grow. I wouldn't even mess with digging a hole for the seed unless you think they might revisit them.

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
I’m not gona lie... that’s exciting :) May I ask another question? One of my hens comb suddenly turned pale this evening. She has been laying eggs for about a week. I don’t think she laid one today. Her wattles are bright red and don’t match her comb. Is is possible she has an egg getting ready? I worry constantly about these chickens!

Top Bottom