Not an emergency. Young hen is limping and sleeping a lot, no sign of trauma

Here are some photos. She’s actually up and around today, thankfully! Still limping tho.
It's good that she's up and moving about.
You may want to make sure she's drinking and eating well.

Looks like her back toe might have the mild beginnings of Pododermatitis, keep watch on that and keep coop bedding dry.

It wouldn't hurt to get some photos of her overnight droppings. Check to make sure her crop is emptying and look her over for lice/mites.
Observe to see if she's being bullied from food/water which could cause the lethargy.

It's good that she's up and moving about.
You may want to make sure she's drinking and eating well.

Looks like her back toe might have the mild beginnings of Pododermatitis, keep watch on that and keep coop bedding dry.

It wouldn't hurt to get some photos of her overnight droppings. Check to make sure her crop is emptying and look her over for lice/mites.
Observe to see if she's being bullied from food/water which could cause the lethargy.
Yikes, I’ve never heard of the crop issue! Will definitely check her crop in the AM.
She is not bullied and is eating and drinking with no issue. And as far as the crawly things, I’ve looked her over and see nothing..but I may not be looking properly, will find a link for that one.
Whew, looks like I’ve got some learning to do!
Thank’s a bunch, I appreciate you’re time! Not sure what I’d do without all this helpful advice and support:love

Yikes, I’ve never heard of the crop issue! Will definitely check her crop in the AM.
She is not bullied and is eating and drinking with no issue. And as far as the crawly things, I’ve looked her over and see nothing..but I may not be looking properly, will find a link for that one.
Whew, looks like I’ve got some learning to do!
Thank’s a bunch, I appreciate you’re time! Not sure what I’d do without all this helpful advice and support:love
You're doing fine.
Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Hello,
So the hen is doing much better today! Thank God! She actually left the run and did some foraging, this is a big deal!
She still limping, but that’s her only symptom.
I’ll say again...thank you all so much for your help!!!

Back
Top Bottom