Not eating and is all bones.

Thank you for the information! We live in MN.. so keeping the bird chilled will not be a problem! I might have to assess her as the day/ weekend goes on and decide at that point. I will definitely get a necropsy done and will let you know the results once I get them. I agree it’s good to know for peace of mind and if another one has the same symptoms it may help me quicker with the treatment options.

Well, that was a disaster... since my daughter was home, I thought I would take advantage of some extra hands... in comes the tube feeding... everything was going great until I pushed down on the syringe.. and BOOM! It was everywhere! Holy @#!? All over my daughter, me, my kitchen cabinets and all over poor Gingie! I quickly pulled the tube out and Gingie started to help clean it up! So the bad news is I didn’t get much inside her but the good news is she ate a lot and has a very full crop. I gave her a quick bath and she stood for a good 5 minutes.. longer than she has in the past two weeks! Is this good news or should I not get my hopes up?!?

That sounds like something I would have done. If you are using the aquarium air tubing, the feed has to be very very thin. A larger piece of tubing or a regular feeding tube paired with a catheter tipped syringe can pass thicker feed. Here is a pic of a 60 ml catheter tip syringe:

Attachments

• 1579382254960.jpeg
    1579382254960.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1
My husband just went to check on her and she passed away somewhere between 11:30pm and 3:00am. My heart is very sad but in the same sense relieved that she isn’t suffering anymore. I plan on sending her in for a necropsy and will keep you all posted. I hope it comes back with something that I had no control over and couldn’t have prevented. Losing pets is so darn hard! 😭

I appreciate all of the tips, advice, and comforting words. All of you certainly have helped me with this process and made me feel I wasn’t alone trying to guide my way through this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 😘

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom