Solved Not getting alerts/notifications last couple days

BigBlueHen53

❤️ Exodus 20:8-11 ❤️
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
Hi Nifty. Yes I have cleared my cache, yes I have turned my phone off and on again. Am using a Samsung Galaxy S7, and I've noticed folks on other threads have mentioned the same problem. Thanks!

Thanks for the details! Are you using Chrome on your phone?

Any other updates to your device / software / browser recently?

Also, any other peeps having similar problems, please post here with the same details as above (phone, browser, when the problem started, etc.)

Thanks for the details! Are you using Chrome on your phone?

Any other updates to your device / software / browser recently?

Also, any other peeps having similar problems, please post here with the same details as above (phone, browser, when the problem started, etc.)
Thanks for the response, Nifty. Yes, I am using Chrome. No recent updates of which I am aware. I am getting SOME alerts, but not as usual. I generally hang out at Granny's and I think it was on Friday I didn't get any alerts there at all. When I finally went there, I was many pages behind! I'm still not getting as many as I should. I haven't been getting alerts for other threads either, most notably the Missouri thread, the Prayer Warriors (Christian) and the Any Bakers one. These last three, I have not been getting alerts on for weeks if not longer. The Christian thread is kinda hit or miss. Thanks.

Edit: sigh, many typos (spelling)

If you get one alert notifying you of a reply to a watched thread, and then don't go and check the thread / get caught up / mark the thread as read, you won't be sent any more alerts notifying you of additional replies to that thread until you are caught up or have manually marked the thread as read.

Now I'm not getting any alerts unless I go and tap the alert bell. What Carp said has not been the case for me. I usually hang out at Granny Hatchett's thread, and I will get an alert for every time anybody posts there, even though I am right there responding to every post.

I guess what I am saying is, something has changed. I'm not getting the little red number on the bell telling me my watched threads have activity. But when I go to those threads, I find I'm three pages behind! Because I didn't know there was any activity to check!

I guess what I am saying is, something has changed. I'm not getting the little red number on the bell telling me my watched threads have activity. But when I go to those threads, I find I'm three pages behind! Because I didn't know there was any activity to check!
If you are there on the thread you are viewing the alerts immediately which is why you continue to keep getting them.
If you are not there on the thread you will not get new/constant alerts UNTIL you check/read the latest alert.

Give me a little while and I will try to make a vide to show you.
It is not easy to understand in writing.

It is very easy to miss one alert.
This is a good place to look at your alerts:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/alerts
Click on that link just above these words.

Back
Top Bottom