Not getting eggs

the birds love to take baths and play in sand so when I open the hatch they run in to play you can hear them chirping and calling out. In morning I let them out and they run to food and water. If I leave hutch open they will eventually go back in. but I don’t think they will get enough sun if they go in all day. Think I’ll replace plywood wall with plastic so light can get inside.

When I start the chicks I’m going to try to teach them to go in when called instead of using a small broom to chase them in and out less stress. Also teach them to associate people with food so they won’t hide from me like these that I bought. These were super over breedEd now there feathers are full and growing back. The guy had way to many Roos and ratio was way off. Found where some people have trained bobs To tough green square for treats. so I’ll see if I can get them to go in for worms from my compost pile.
Try using construction sand instead of play sand. They will enjoy bathing in it just as much and are less likely to suffer from impacted crops from it. It is coarser and less likely to clump.

Good to know I had a bag left from a project I was doing so I figure I’ll use it up but I’ll stop by box store this week and get some to add in

Still only getting 1-2 eggs a day with 8 hens I should be getting more then that. All I can do is wait and hope they start giving more before winter. Those of you with birds how aften do your birds lay?

Back
Top Bottom