Not getting enough water from nipple waterer?

Pics
Thank you, mine are in enclosed chicken run/pen. I check them to make sure they are always working. Silkies are struggling but I read they may have hard time seeing nipples with fluff. I have heated bases now. Had to do something they were going down hill. So much better now 😉
Wait..you have the premier or the farm innovator? The ones I have now are premier. I had the innovator first. Worked great through the summer then started leaking like a sieve when it was cold it. Just what you don't want, running water, electricity, enclosed run and live birds. 😳
I swear before I bought them I read that the premier's heat didnt kick on until 50°, but now I'm not finding that. 🤷‍♀️ So glad they're doing better!

Thank you, mine are in enclosed chicken run/pen. I check them to make sure they are always working. Silkies are struggling but I read they may have hard time seeing nipples with fluff. I have heated bases now. Had to do something they were going down hill. So much better now 😉
You can replace the nipple with a little cup , or the one I just got for the brooder has 2 options-
Screenshot_20220129-230257_Chrome.jpg

Why do you think they are not getting enough water?
Is there snow on the ground?
When there's snow of the ground here, mine drink less water out of the waterer.
I know this as I roughly measure daily consumption by how much I have to add every morning.

Noticed this, too! When there is snow on the ground, there is a noticeable reduction in water consumption from our waterer. Silly chickens! they love the smoothies from the sky,

Back
Top Bottom