Not happy with the farm supply store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so now you know you should shop at TSC. There is a 30 day guarantee on anything you buy. That is where I shop. They comp match prices too

Last edited:
Actually, the poor husband didn't have to hear anything. Why would you think he did? Do you yell at your spouse for someone else's mistake? And that's why you think I would. Is this from a man's POV? You have no idea of the relationship between my husband and myself. You are something else to bring my husband into it. And, since you are sooo interested in my husband, I said I would phone the store, he was the one who insisted that he go back to the store-not me. A phone call would have done exactly what he did with less problems.

This is why forums don't work you get a bunch of people on board who want everyone else to think like they do.

Yes I made the mistake of not putting my location down Chris, BUT that does not negate the fact that you people did not read the post correctly. And then you turn it back to me by saying I sound childish? Yes, I did, but I am dealing with a bunch of children. Reread the posts to see how nasty the comments really were. It definitely could have been said much nicer, and some people have said it nicer.

This store has all my previous orders on file, I ordered what I normally do as per feed. Yes I should have gone myself, but John (and yes I know most of the people there personally) assured me my order was complete. Apparently, a new girl took it upon herself to -redo- my order. But you guys are right on that-shouldn't have trusted a feed store where I have been dealing for years to complete an order for me. I should be more like the majority of you guys that have answered me and trust no one at all.

And that does not mean everyone who answered me. A couple of people have made sense without being nasty.

I don't think you people are nice at all. Nuff said, won't be back-there are other forums with nicer people.

And unfortunately, TSC is about 3 hours away here. We have local feed stores that vary by region that we have to deal with-and not a lot of them either. It's kind of like a chain store within a region. The only other feed store around doesn't carry what I want at all.

Last edited:
I can see how it can happen....I also think the store should take back the feeder and waterers. I realize they may not be able to sell them. But it was their mistake AND if you have been doing business with them for years...they should as a courtesy. Heck the store can throw them in the garbage and make you (their loyal customer) happy! They probably make at least a 50 percent profit on them what difference would it make to them....I also think people are being unduly harsh. I haven't read anything that makes me think this is your fault. A store SHOULD be able to receive an order over the phone and be able to get it correct. That isn't too much to ask! For crying out loud..THAT IS THEIR JOB!

I agree that you probably can use the supplies you got. And yes, because you have a very specific idea of what you want - you probably should have gone yourself. The bottom line is, the feed store should take back any unused items that you didn't want. It's called customer service. As a business, they should make sure your happy. As long as you are not trying to return damaged or open stuff, it should be in their interest to give you what you want. My advice - go to a store with a better return policy. Another store will probably be happy to get your business. It is very frustrating to do business with a company that won't work with you.

And maybe in the US they don't sell grains, but they do in Canada. Not everything has to be based as to what you can buy in the US at your local feed store. Feed stores are different in Canada than the US. Check where I live.

I did call and they wanted to exchange everything because they knew I was po'd, but I already used everything as I couldn't let them go without food and water. BUT, when he returns less than a half hour later (more like 15 min) common sense would say that he hadn't used them. You do have common sense, right?
What the heck is this? You're slamming the poster for not knowing what's available in Canada and slamming the US in general? Then you actually USE a waterer and try to return it a half hour later? What kind of "common sense" is that? Maybe you have a good reason for sending your husband instead of going yourself, or maybe you don't. You seem to be leaving out details like, "I already used everything". May be some other details you are leaving out.

You should finish filling out your profile box because it does not state your location.

• That's right. You rant about the US and the poster not knowing you live in Canada and neglect to fill out your sig or even state where you live. I should be reporting this to a moderator instead of reading or replying to such absurdity...........Pop

I hate to think what the poor husband had to hear.

He should not get a pass and so he can be just like the rest of us.
lau.gif

To the OP I think your post come off as an angry poster and others can feel that. While I agree that customer service has been lacking everywhere but you have to realize that people make mistakes. It is spring and I am sure the place you are dealing with is extremely busy at this time and you are not their only customer. With so many varieties of things and many channels the order flows through the greater chance of a mistake. Now bear in mind I am not defending the store but am a realist and understand s#@t happens. I am sure the person on the phone did not pick your order and sometimes people are not on the same page(customers and clerks)with items when ordered by phone. While getting angry may seem like the thing to do but will solve nothing but raise your blood pressure. Life is far to short to get in a tizzy over something that has no real meaning in life. I used to be you but found temperance in life will get you further in every situation. Personally I would go back to the store tell them of their mistake and tell them what you want and you want it corrected and then ask them for something for your inconvenience in a nice calm tone. Any business worth a grain of salt will honor your request, if not just take your business elsewhere. I would return on a Saturday morning when they are busy so others can hear your conversation. That way they will respond to your request to avoid making a scene. Good luck.

I think hemet-dennis was just trying to bring a little levity to the situation,something that I would do as well.So I wouldn't take it personally.

Last edited:
I can see how it can happen....I also think the store should take back the feeder and waterers. I realize they may not be able to sell them. But it was their mistake AND if you have been doing business with them for years...they should as a courtesy. Heck the store can throw them in the garbage and make you (their loyal customer) happy! They probably make at least a 50 percent profit on them what difference would it make to them....I also think people are being unduly harsh. I haven't read anything that makes me think this is your fault. A store SHOULD be able to receive an order over the phone and be able to get it correct. That isn't too much to ask! For crying out loud..THAT IS THEIR JOB!

Being that....... I am a Business owner.....I would have Gladly and Enthusiastically taken the Items back....used or unused.....that is just good business sense......Customer is Always right.

Mixitup.....you can have this thread shut down.

I hate to think what the poor husband had to hear.

thats not a nice thing to say

this happens to me all the time and i will never tell my wife off

infact im usually on the phone and having a go at the store

usually 9 out of 10 i get a appology from store and a promice to correct the mistake

Actually, I will leave this post open. It will remind me as to who the nasty people are. The thread is still not being read completely, some people are only picking and choosing what they are reading.

In reply to slamming the US, no, I was not slamming the US at all. I know there are differences, I was slamming the poster because that person was comparing where I was to the US stores. But, I already stated I made a mistake (this part seemed to be missing from being read as well) by not finishing where my location was. You will find it corrected.

I thank all of the people who nicely stated that I should have gone myself. I do understand their policy of not taking back things, but these were obviously not used.

And there would be no reason to be mad at my husband over this as he was only the deliverer, not the one who filled out the order. And yes **** happens and mistakes happen, but to mess up an entire order is a bit over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom