Not laying for 4+ months

The ones that haven't molted should molt at some point this winter, or possibly could've molted already (but so sparsely all over that it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it).

My birds don't resume laying after molt until days start lengthening again, even if the molt happens early (i.e. July/August), due to the noticibly shortened daylight hours in the PNW.
Thank you. The ones that had/are having a hard molt are definitely not laying. One was in mid-molt and got killed, along with another the same night by a coon, we think. (They were my best layers of jumbo eggs :rant:rantThe others all seem to still be laying. Maybe soon they will molt and the other girls will be done and resume laying. These loooooong nights will be over in a couple months.

I must be overlooking something, yet I feel like I’ve tried everything. All our hens stopped laying in July. It’s now November. At first I thought maybe they were going to molt, but they didn’t. Then I thought maybe the hot summer weather was causing them to stop, but as the weather cooled to 60-70s (usually perfect laying weather) they didn’t start laying. We haven’t changed their food. We aren’t aware of any stressors. We treated them for mites (just in case), dewormed them, and deep cleaned the coop. They all seem healthy and happy. Combs are red and standing up. Feet and feathers look good. They’re eating and drinking. They get plenty of sun (although now they get less as winter is approaching). We give them mealworms a few times each week as treats. They’re all of laying age (1-3 years). I can’t figure out why they all stopped! Any ideas?
Any update? I live in Miami. My 2 year olds stopped in June and we are almost in October?!

Back
Top Bottom