Not my Day today............. fell over a post then got flogged.......

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Well it started off good enough but then things went south pretty fast. I was happily feeding up talking to my chickies and didn't notice the timbers that I walk on where off kilter and wack- bam- clunk- down i went on my knee. Besides the crunching in my knee and hurting like heck I had a nice clump of turkey poo stuck to my shoulder and hay every where there was where. Ok, recover from that and go back out to get eggs.. Well my egg stick is nowhere to be seen so I collect them by hand and come to my BL Polish pen......... eggs are way back in the corner.
th.gif
So in I go and bend down to get the eggs and out of know where this little punk but roo comes and floggs me in the head ! Well I proceed to kick his butt when I feel something running down the side of my face, so I put my hand to my face thinking the little crapper pooped on me too - but my hand was covered in blood. I tried wiping it off only for it to continue to run down my face more and both hands are covered now. So I quickly shut the door all the while giving that roo a piece of my mind and walking quickly to the house before I pass out.... (have issues with blood.... mostly mine) LOL. Took a while to get it to stop but at least I don't need stitches, went back out and tossed punk butt roo in with the big men to fix is big britches. So I then went and fixed some ice cream and stayed in bed....... LOL... WHAT A DAY

I have to say that you handled it with more grace and dignity than I would have. punk butt roo would have been my dinner, lol!! I don't take kindly to having my blood drawn for any reason - although, just to play devi;'s advocate it probably startled him when you fell and his reaction might have been instinctive. Sorry you had such a rough time just tending to your birds and collecting eggs. You should have added your favorite topping to that ice cream. Hope tomorrow is better.
fl.gif

Quote:
I fell earlier in the day, hehe, should have said I have like 300 chickens alone besides other critters.......... it takes me awhile to feed up..
lol.png
. But he is a younger roo ( not from my stock) in with my older good natured BL roo. Well my older boys will teach him a lesson. I've noticed him acting up but didn't expect him to choose today to try it..... he sure was surprised when I came after him though !
lol.png

And sure..... have a giggle I'm sure anyone who witnessed it would have been rolling , hehe ........... just one of those chicken raising types of days.....
big_smile.png

Last edited:
What a rotten day! Hope you won't be terribly bruised and sore tomorrow. Bet Mr. punk butt roo is getting a lesson in how NOT to treat the head lady who provides food and lodging!! Take care and surely tomorrow will be better. Turkey poo is not a favorite fashion accessory......

Daaaang Chickenzoo!! Take it easy lady! There's only one of you and 300+ of them. You pass out long enough and you might just be on the menu!!
lol.png

Oh yeah, you gotta laugh at a day like that. It's when they come in strings of 10 or 12 that you start to cry with good reason. But, once in awhile makes for good stories to share on BYC!
gig.gif

ETA: Do hope you're feeling much better now!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Glad to see you're feeling well enough to post this story!

:thNow I'm worried & scared; I'm still new to the chickenz life, and my Roo acts frightened most times. I fear one day he will get brave and turn on me!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom