Not one Chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mcmommy, Apr 29, 2009.

1. mcmommy

mcmommy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Day 26, no chicks, opened the eggs, a few had had actvity but nothing.
    I am so sad, feel like I had my hopes way up, and and am beating my self up for trying to figure out what I did wrong. Will try again, very soon.
    This is tough tho, am I odd to be so let down?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    I'm sorry. Keep your head up and try again. Might not of been you could of been the eggs or other factors. A friend of mine had no hatches for her first batches this year due to weird weather, she just couldn't get things right and she has been incubating for years.
    [​IMG]

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Im so sorry my first hatch of 38 eggs and nothing--Im on my second batch now and I see heartbeats! don't give up-you'll do just fine stay positive positive positive!!!

4. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    I just had a complete 17 egg loss a month ago on my first hatch. I don't like admitting it but I cried a little bit, so don;t worry your hopes will get back up once you try and again with improvements! Better luck next time! [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:First... [​IMG]

Second... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dont give up !!! You will get better as time goes on, sometimes it takes a few trys before getting everything just right !!

Let me ask you a few questions.... What kind of bator do you have (still air or fan?) ?? What was your temp ?? What was your humidity day 1-18 ? What did you up your humidity to on day 18 ?? Where the eggs shipped or did they come from you chickens ? When you opened the eggs were the chicks formed ? Sorry for all the questions just trying to help you figure out the problems so you have a better hatch next time !!

I will check this post again soon !!

6. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Lots of hugs and positive vibes heading your way for your next (successful) hatch. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  7. mcmommy

mcmommy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Hi ~ I have a hova bator with a fan built in.
    I followed all the directions and upped the humidity on day 18 by filling the second channel, per the bator';s directions.
    The temp held steady the whole time at 100. i think i need a readable humidity gage, as i didn't have one of those. The eggs were shipped, but I have a found a very reliable local source here so I don't know if the fact that they were shipped when it was snowing here in michigan?....
    When i opened them, the chicks weren't formed, some eggs were very very heavy, but they all appeared to be liguid. Some eggs also had the dark spot, but I stopped looking after 4 eggs. We had candled them and they had the veins running to the sides of the shells, but I think we may have messed up when the mission was on easter break and they didn't get attention. I don't know, so many factors... I am trying again tomorrow

YOu are all WONDERFUL and I know I can do this. xoxo amy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by