1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Not one egg yet...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blessedchickenmama7, Oct 20, 2008.

1. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Songster

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Okay, I have 9 hens ranging from 18-25 weeks old. Not the first egg yet. The oldest are Marans at 25 weeks. Black Australorps. 24 weeks. No egg. Next are Ameracaunas at 23 1/2 weeks. No egg. And the RIR's and BSL are 18 and 21 weeks respectively. No egg.

They have been on starter/grower. They are in a coop/run. It has not been cold here until the last few days. They are in a wooded area that is shady. Could that be the problem... I mean they get a little direct sun, but it is filtered some... No one is sick. They are all happy seeming and a few are downright loving. They are growing and getting nicely colored feathers. Most of the hens are getting nice and red around the combs.

Don't know. Or maybe I am rushing it...

2. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I have two that are 7 months old - almost 8 - and a banty that is 6 months - no eggs yet either. I had 4 that started laying at exactly 20 weeks. I'm not going to worry. They are healthy and happy and I have discovered there really is not a set pattern for chickens. They are as different as people.

3. pullorroo

pullorroo In the Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    Mill Valley CA
    Me Too ! Dappled sun, 23 weeks old, happy beautiful chickens.... NO EGGS YET ... do they need full sun ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by