Not Quite New

Space Coast Mealworms

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Hey folks, I'm a long-time lurker and first-time register. I first found this site years ago when my city lifted its BYC ordinance and allowed us to raise our own. I currently have 6 hens and a Peking duck in my self-built coop. I have a variety of breeds, most of which I've forgotten their names. Only one is laying right now, but I'm hoping the Florida heat will die down soon and they can get back to paying their rent.

I have a mealworm farm in my garage that first started as a way to save money, and has now grown into its own small business. I currently produce about 3,000 beetles a week and don't plan to stop growing until my wife kicks me out of the house! In the meantime, I've been designing and selling pupae sifting trays that help other farmers pull out all of their pupae quickly (instead of by hand).

I am a school teacher by day and future mealworm tycoon by night! I am a very active member of a half-dozen FB Mealworm farming groups, so feel free to send me any mealworm farming questions that you might have!

:welcome

Congrats for making a business out of your personal meal worm farming hobby! Glad you quit lurking and came on over to the bright side!

Back
Top Bottom