not ready to sit

She won't sit on them until she's ready to start a family. If she sat on them at night it would ruin them. Development would begin and then they'd die when she got off for any length of time.

Mine is doing the same thing. Last I looked there were 6 eggs. There are likely more now. I first noticed 3 eggs on 2/24.
No sitting so far.
hmm.png

Pretty sure it's me this Ix my first year.with turkeys. I got my female turkey tor Christmas so in just really nervous.an really exited I'm trying to be calm an cool but I just don't know if she is going to be a good mom or not.:/

mine also, she is up to 7 eggs since 3/25, laying an egg about every other day, she goes in the box to lay an egg (usually, sometimes just out of the nest) and then comes back out.It's the "Wait and see" game.

oh good job im excited for you i am up to 15 eggs but my hen must want a really big family,i guess,i
bow.gif
she will go broody soooooon,an be a good mom

So I think my hen might be going broody she sits a couple hours gets up for a few waits again for a couple hours gets up drinks pecks around a few min an has sat again.I hope this wont make eggs go bad she has 16 eggs I'm praying she's ready she does sit all night on the eggs,,i hope this means she is ready to start her family,i dont know what activity to look for

Last edited:
So I have 3 hens who are all laying now, but none are setting for any length of time. There were 12 eggs in one nest then I realized that 2 hens were laying so I wanted to see if they'd lay in separate nests, I took a few that were a lighter color and placed into a second box. 2 days ago I realized that the third hen was laying so I started a third box. I don't know if they are consistently laying in one box or another but we're up to 25 in 2 weeks. Hoping one will start setting soon!

Back
Top Bottom