Not Refrigerating eggs

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
My grandpa told me once that fresh eggs don't need to be refrigerated...is that true? How long would they last out side o the fridge? He said as long as they are in a "cool" place they should be fine.

Can anyone clear it up, is he just making it up? or is it true?

He said something about the fridge dries out the eggs or something.

I was just wondering if he had any truth at all in what he was saying. How long could eggs stay good in a cool dark place that isn't the fridge.

We keep our eggs out on the counter if were planning on eating them within two weeks. I was told the taste is better if you never refrigerate them and SURE NUF! It's true. We haven't gotten sick yet
big_smile.png
We love those fresh no refrigerated eggs. BUT they do age faster, that is also true so only leave as many out as you plan on eating in a week or two's time.

Thanks guys.

Is the whole humidity thing true, that eggs that are kept in high humidity last long?? Or if that made up?

Check Mother Earth News online for the totally impeccably scientific and amazing study they did on this. Eggs on counter are great for up to a month, unless its literally 105 degrees out. Never refrig ours at al. As usual, your Gramps turns out to be right!

yea I never wash them, I only have to even wipe them off a little every once in a great while.

Since I don't eat eggs I don't really like to have them in the fridge, but I have a nice spot in the laundry room that's quiet, dark and cool. I was hoping I could store them there until I sell them/give them away to friend and family. I just wanted to make sure they didn't go bad before I sold them.

The 'Great Debate' to frig OR not to frig. I honestly don't know but when I was growing up my Grandpa was ALWAYS right! And I think to this day he still was!
smile.png
So, my conclusion is listen to what Grandpa said.
wink.png

K

Back
Top Bottom