Not so silver laced polish

Not sure if it's been said, but if the birds were good quality, it sometimes takes a while for the feathers or laced or even mottled birds to take on their right designs.

Or, as it has been said, they birds may have flaws in their genes. I wouldn't really worry yet.

Quote:
That's a cute posting.
big_smile.png
I sure wish I could helphere, but I have never raised any laced birds of any breed. It's an interesting thread for me though, as I really never thought about it. I guess I just thought they would be showing the proper lacing pattern almost from the moment they began to feather out. Good luck at having what you bargained for. I know it's disappointing not to have what you expected. Hope you do...

I just happened to find an older thread where someone had a picture of a gold-laced bantam Cochin as a chick and then as an older hen that you might want to look at. Search "Cochin Contest - Closed", and I think it's post #24. The picture is not at the best angle for judging the feather pattern, but it might give you at least some idea. Also, Feathersite has pictures of many chicken breeds as chicks. You might view those also if interested. It's a neat site. Hope this helps some.

I don't know about the laced polish but I raised some silver laced and golden laced wyandottes and they looked like they fell in a bucket of paint until they got older and then their lacing showed just as I had hoped. Good Luck to you.

My Silver Laced Polish also looks like she is solid black, with just white splashes and splatters in her wings and tail. She has lovely blue legs and a solid black crest. I love her dearly, but at 7 weeks, she doesn't look like she could possibly end up looking like a SL!

I'd love to see pics of someone's teen-aged SL Polish and a pic of the bird as an adult- there aren't enough in-between, teen pics available of various breeds out there.

Back
Top Bottom