Not super new but never did the intro.

lindalouly

Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom
8 Years
Jul 8, 2015
The great northwest!!!!!! Washington state
Hi everyone. My chickens have saved my life. In the midst of sickness, I picked up a backyard chicken magazine at the store to read as I wait for doctors apts. and battle being bed bound. I was so intrigued by this idea of raising a backyard flock and raising your own eggs... I put my focus into learning everything I could via the internet... The whole time my dear husband would say, Dont even think about it, your health isnt good enough to take care of another animal. soo lets fast forward a little bit in time... found awesome doctors... got of medication to help with the anxiety my health issues caused and went on a long drive with the husband. I told him, lets stop at the feed store to check out the prices of dog food. Gosh, you got to love chick days.... We walked in and husband says, so how many chicks are we getting... That was the beginning of the best adventure of my life. Watching the chicken society in my back yard gives me peace. A reason to be outside and getting fresh air. I will always have chickens. It has brought this huge family of 7 closer together and has taught us alot about conserving what we have. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Hello! I've read some of your daily thread and enjoyed it a lot. Glad you're here (officially, lol).

Welcome officially to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. All of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder), and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, I really enjoyed your intro. Animals are therapeutic in so many ways. Very glad you joined the flock
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom