Not super new but never did the intro.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lindalouly, Nov 4, 2015.

1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Hi everyone. My chickens have saved my life. In the midst of sickness, I picked up a backyard chicken magazine at the store to read as I wait for doctors apts. and battle being bed bound. I was so intrigued by this idea of raising a backyard flock and raising your own eggs... I put my focus into learning everything I could via the internet... The whole time my dear husband would say, Dont even think about it, your health isnt good enough to take care of another animal. soo lets fast forward a little bit in time... found awesome doctors... got of medication to help with the anxiety my health issues caused and went on a long drive with the husband. I told him, lets stop at the feed store to check out the prices of dog food. Gosh, you got to love chick days.... We walked in and husband says, so how many chicks are we getting... That was the beginning of the best adventure of my life. Watching the chicken society in my back yard gives me peace. A reason to be outside and getting fresh air. I will always have chickens. It has brought this huge family of 7 closer together and has taught us alot about conserving what we have. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hello! I've read some of your daily thread and enjoyed it a lot. Glad you're here (officially, lol).

3. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Thank you North. Love this site. Nice to read stuff from like minded people.

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yes, it is!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome officially to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. All of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder), and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, I really enjoyed your intro. Animals are therapeutic in so many ways. Very glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Chickens certainly do have a way of making the stress from the day just melt away, don't they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by