Not sure about quality...how much for these bantams?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by augustmomx2, Jan 17, 2010.

1. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I bought these bantams from a private breeder in September. My dh was gracious enough to build me another chicken coop for the bantams, but since then, I have changed some plans (yeah more chickens) and he refuses to build another coop (which I totally understand, I do have a prob w/more chickens) so I'm gonna post these guys on here and on craigslist. I have NO idea what to charge and don't even know if they are of any type of quality where someone would actually pay for them. I figured here would be the best place for an honest opinion [​IMG] They were all born around Sept 1, 2009 and I have no idea if they are girls or boys. No eggs or crowing and their combs could go either way? Maybe someone can shed some light on that as well [​IMG]

1st Golden-Laced Cochin Bantam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd Golden-Laced Cochin Bantam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Partridge Rock Bantam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (sorry for the not so good pics on this one, she wouldn't stand still)

Thanks for looking [​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Too be honest, I wouldn't pay more than $10 dollars for the Goldens. I don't know about the Partridge Rock, but those Golden Laced Cochins are hardly laced at all. You say you got them from a breeder? Either you just got some culls or that breeder isn't a breeder [​IMG]

3. augustmomx2

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:I know right?! I thought the same about the lacing...my wyandottes from Ideal have better lacing! I have thought a few times the guy completely pulled one over on me...oh well. I'll post them on craigslist and see if I get any bites for $5 each. If not, free...I need the coop ready to go by 3/11!

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:I know right?! I thought the same about the lacing...my wyandottes from Ideal have better lacing! I have thought a few times the guy completely pulled one over on me...oh well. I'll post them on craigslist and see if I get any bites for $5 each. If not, free...I need the coop ready to go by 3/11!

Or you could use them as broodies to hatch more chicks [​IMG]

5. augustmomx2

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana

Or you could use them as broodies to hatch more chicks [​IMG]

Just what I need... [​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The first golden lacd is too light, the second too dark. The partridvge is a pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by