Not sure I was told the truth

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chase4585, Mar 10, 2014.

1. chase4585

chase4585 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Can someone confirm this is an Americauna rooster? I was told he's 4 1/2 year old but the bird prolly don't weigh 3 1/2-4 lbs

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

He doesn't look like an Ameraucana (he isn't a standard color, and his feet are the wrong color).

He might be an EE, but a better shot of his would help.

He is very pretty.

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    "Americauna" isn't a breed. That's a misspelling of Ameraucana - a pure breed with an APA standard of perfection. Assumably they sold this bird to you as that, which I can say with absolute certainty, it is not.

It's an Easter Egger - a mutt bird, usually carrying a blue egg gene, that is a descendant of Ameraucana, Araucana, or Quechua stock. This bird in particular is a poor example of even a Easter Egger - it has no muffs, no beard, no tufts, and yellow legs. The only thing I can't tell is the comb type - is it a pea comb/pea comb-ish? If so, it could be an EE. If not, I'd say it's just a mutt.

4. chase4585

Mar 10, 2014
    This is his comb [​IMG]

5. Alaskan

That is a very tiny comb. Interesting.

6. chase4585

Mar 10, 2014
    Yea it's not big at all but he does have a set of lungs lol I think he's a bit confused cuz he will crow at midnight sometimes lol

7. Alaskan

Of course the color doesn't match, but the comb makes me think Chantecler.

He is an interesting mix of breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by