not sure if something is wrong

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kentucky jay, Jan 15, 2011.

1. kentucky jay

kentucky jay Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2010
    KENTUCKY
    over the last 2 days , i've noticed that some of my birds are pooping soft piles of poo ..... not the typical logs so to speak ......... im feeding them layena pellets , and corn ....treats have included bread, eggs , oats, bacon grease(in my flock blocks) hot dogs , and one time i gave them cream cheese that was wrapped with chicken ....... should i be concered or is it normal for them to have poops like that when they eat certain foods ?

2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

I would skip the hot dogs and bacon grease and keep the bread level low.
    Hot dogs/bacon usually contain salty additives and preservatives...if you have barn cats they will love this stuff.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  3. kentucky jay

Dec 16, 2010
    KENTUCKY
    the hot dogs were a mistake .... my daughter put them in my scraps container and it was too late after i dumped the container into thier dish !!!!!! lol ...guess im chillin with bacon grease !!!!!

4. kentucky jay

Dec 16, 2010
    KENTUCKY
    i just realized where i put this ...sorry mods.....feel free to delete it ....

5. chickfamilyonsleepyhollow

chickfamilyonsleepyhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

our six girls will eat anything [​IMG] we give them ALL of our leftover edibles even the greasy stuff, but in moderation --- if its too much I'll break it down in smaller portions [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by