Not sure if they are sick

I think you done everything you could. It's sad when you lose one just keep a good watch on the rest. I live in the PHILIPPINES and we had major Newcastle outbreak I lost 64 and I worked them 24 hours 7 days and I lost them all in 7 days. I know how you feel. I hope to get a few next week but I have cleaned with clorox on everything. Good luck

I think you done everything you could. It's sad when you lose one just keep a good watch on the rest. I live in the PHILIPPINES and we had major Newcastle outbreak I lost 64 and I worked them 24 hours 7 days and I lost them all in 7 days. I know how you feel. I hope to get a few next week but I have cleaned with clorox on everything. Good luck

Thank you, I hope all goes well for you too.

I'm very sorry to hear you lost her:hugs

Sometimes, no matter what you do, such small chicks fail to thrive.

I know, it was especially hard because these are my first chicks. I know that I tried my best to save her though. hopefully the rest of my chicks will stay healthy especially because some of them are older. I'll be watching my other (RIR) like a hawk, and I'll keep her on Nutri-drench until hopefully she makes a full recovery:fl

unfortunately Baby Red (her name) didn't make it, she passed around 9:30 last night in my hands. I wish I could have done more for her but I did what I could. Thank you Wyorp Rock and Stephine for the advice.
I am sorry! The tiny ones, sometimes there’s just nothing you can do. As long as you get the brooder right, so they can adequately regulate their temperature and you have shown them the water and feed you have done your part. I think it is a good idea to give sugar water the first day if they have been shipped (or bought from a feed store while tiny, since those have also just been shipped to the store) to all of them, in case some got too stressed. Or Save-a-chick. Then you can give nutridrench to any that seem poorly, maybe isolate so they don’t get bothered by a mob of bouncy chicks, but beyond that there’s not much (nothing?) you could do - the damage was done before they ever got to you.

I am sorry! The tiny ones, sometimes there’s just nothing you can do. As long as you get the brooder right, so they can adequately regulate their temperature and you have shown them the water and feed you have done your part. I think it is a good idea to give sugar water the first day if they have been shipped (or bought from a feed store while tiny, since those have also just been shipped to the store) to all of them, in case some got too stressed. Or Save-a-chick. Then you can give nutridrench to any that seem poorly, maybe isolate so they don’t get bothered by a mob of bouncy chicks, but beyond that there’s not much (nothing?) you could do - the damage was done before they ever got to you.

I did give them sugar water to them the first day, I got them from a local hatchery. The other (RIR) has been doing ok,she is still lethargic and having droopy wings but she still walks around and goes to drink water and eat. I've gave her the nutri-drench this morning as well, hopefully she keeps improving. If she gets any worse I will keep her separate from the rest because I worry that she will get trampled.

Back
Top Bottom