Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Help. Is my 10 week old Silkie a rooster??? She doesn't look like her sister
With that size of comb, I'm leaning toward rooster.

Bought this "pullet" at TSC to replace Barred rock roo that I had to rehome. I picked the one with darkest legs and smallest head spot. 5 weeks old and I'm afraid I have ANOTHER barred rock roo on my hands!!
1f629.png
Is starting to peck and jump on my two 7-week old pullets.
What do you all think?
Thanks for your opinions!

Bought this "pullet" at TSC to replace Barred rock roo that I had to rehome. I picked the one with darkest legs and smallest head spot. 5 weeks old and I'm afraid I have ANOTHER barred rock roo on my hands!!
1f629.png
Is starting to peck and jump on my two 7-week old pullets.
What do you all think?
Thanks for your opinions!

I'm afraid that's another rooster.
hmm.png

1f629.png
Is starting to peck and jump on my two 7-week old pullets. What do you all think? Thanks for your opinions!
I'm afraid that's another rooster. :/
X2 :(

I've got a couple I'm not sure about. They're all 10 weeks old and fairly skittish, so I had a hard time getting photos of them without anyone around to hold one. These all have very pale combs compared to my Blue Cochin cockerel who is the same age, so I had assumed they would be bright red by now if they are boys. These are my first chickens, so I'm not great at sexing yet!

First up is a brown/red Easter Egger - pale comb, does not seem to have any noticeable rows, but has reddish patches on wings that seem to be slowly covering the whole body. I originally thought cockerel before the red color started spreading, but now not sure!

#2 is a gray/cream colored Easter Egger. My current guess is pullet because of the more uniform color, and seems to have one row on pea comb.

#3 is a Silver Laced Polish bantam. When looking at the crest at a day old, I thought cockerel, but now this looks more like a bonnet than a wacky hairdo, and feathers are fairly rounded at the tips.
'

Everybody together.

Thanks!

thanks for telling me what I have everyone. Sad news, pan got out of the yard and disappeared,so now I've got Fry left. But I'm gonna go to Orchelin's and get another Rhode Island Red, and this time I'm gonna make sure it's a hen.

Looks like some variety of Wyandotte to me ...
[/quote
Thanks! I have been looking through a bunch of breeds, but anything helps on narrowing it down. She's a small bird & very personable. She flies around our back porch & sits on ur shoulder or the back of ur chair. She loves being where ever you are.

Quote:
Cute l'il chickie!

Do watch out for eyes though- had one that liked do that - fly to shoulder etc -- and one random day decided my eyeballs were irresistible. Even after gentle shoo'ing she kept trying to come back for 15 minutes, going for my eyes, until I put her back in the coop. Also good to read through https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/480948/pecked-in-the-eye-by-a-chicken . Seems like it's always the friendly ones because they get much closer to us.
hmm.png

I've got a couple I'm not sure about. They're all 10 weeks old and fairly skittish, so I had a hard time getting photos of them without anyone around to hold one. These all have very pale combs compared to my Blue Cochin cockerel who is the same age, so I had assumed they would be bright red by now if they are boys. These are my first chickens, so I'm not great at sexing yet! First up is a brown/red Easter Egger - pale comb, does not seem to have any noticeable rows, but has reddish patches on wings that seem to be slowly covering the whole body. I originally thought cockerel before the red color started spreading, but now not sure! #2 is a gray/cream colored Easter Egger. My current guess is pullet because of the more uniform color, and seems to have one row on pea comb. #3 is a Silver Laced Polish bantam. When looking at the crest at a day old, I thought cockerel, but now this looks more like a bonnet than a wacky hairdo, and feathers are fairly rounded at the tips. ' Everybody together. Thanks!
Im not an expert for #3.. EEs look like pullets to me though :)

Back
Top Bottom