Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
I have 4 chicks. Can you help identify. The two bigger chicks, black then brown are 3 weeks old, yellow chick is 2w, baby black is just over a week. Brought home from school hatching program.

We are Newbies! New flock we hatched from eggs given to us. They are 7wks old ..... any ideas what we have gender wise? I will take better pictures in the morning. The 3 in the front of the first photo.... two girls and a roo??

I'd guess the one farthest to the right in the first pic is a cockerel. The other two facing forward are pullets.

Are you kidding? I was post 477 and 478 a day ago and totally ignored. I guess you have to be a popular kid to be acknowledged around here, to date, since I joined a week or so ago, I have 3 post ignored. Good luck mate.
In threads such as these, it's very easy to miss posts. You don't have to be the "popular kid". Sometimes we need someone to come along and say their post was ignored just so we see it. With the constant flood of pictures, it's hard not to miss a few posts here and there. Don't take it personally. BYC folk are very friendly people and they wouldn't purposely ignore someone's post. By the way... :welcome
Another view of Oreo. H or R?
She's pretty! what breed?? and how old? I'm leaning towards pullet since I don't see any red wattles just a prominent comb but its not super red, so thats a plus! :)
looking a little roo-ish there. Got any more pics?

Last edited:
Are you kidding? I was post 477 and 478 a day ago and totally ignored. I guess you have to be a popular kid to be acknowledged around here, to date, since I joined a week or so ago, I have 3 post ignored.
Good luck mate.

You weren't ignored. With so many pictures coming through, people get missed sometimes. You don't have to be ' popular ' for someone to reply to your post. No one on BYC would purposely ignore your post, we just missed your picture. You can post it again if you still need help.

Chick 5 is a feathered splash Maran who I am leaning towards Cockrell wishing he was a hen. What do y'all think? He was hatched this morning do he is still young

Chick 6 is a feathered black copper Maran I'm thinking its a pullet. Se do about 1 and 1/2 days oldis

Chick 7 is a feathered black copper Maran about 1 day and a few hours old. Leaning towards pullet?

Last one chick 8 is a feathered splash Maran 2 days old
5 actually looks like a girl to me. 6 Im not really sure maybe pullet. i think 7 might be a girl also. And 8 I would say girl to it to. looks like all girls to my but i'm no expert
p.s sorry i posted twice the other time,my computer was acting funny.

I was wondering about the gender of my chicks (aka the girls because I'm really hoping they are all girls, and given them all girl names). They are all 4 weeks old. This is Red, she's a Rhode Island Red.

These are Lucy (back) and Henrietta (front). One is an Amercaunu, and the other Rhode Island Red.

This is Big Bad Bertha! She's the biggest of everyone. She's a Silver Lace.

I also have two Plymouth Rocks (Ethel and Doris), which I'm pretty sure from what I have read that they are both females, they are both very dark with dark legs, you can see one in the background of one of the pictures, the other looks the same except for her outer toes curl backwards.
They all look like pullets for now but they are to young to sex for sure, also Red is now a Rhode Island red (need a better picture to really tell what breed she is), Big Bad Bertha is an Easter Egger and your Ameraucana is also an Easter Egger. Henrietta looks like a possible Red Sex-link.

Last edited:
They all look like pullets for now but they are to young to sex for sure, also Red is now a Rhode Island red (need a better picture to really tell what breed she is), Big Bad Bertha is an Easter Egger and your Ameraucana is also an Easter Egger. Henrietta looks like a possible Red Sex-link.
Thank you. That would be so great if they are all girls. Do the Easter eggers have the colorful eggs?

Back
Top Bottom