Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Gorgeous bird. Male saddles (if present) should be a golden shade, not black, on a bird this color. If this one is 9 weeks as well, you're only at the beginning of the window for them to be visible but with the complete lack of comb development, I think you may have a pullet. The yellow feathers in this image look quite blunt. The pointy looking one in the first image must have been camera angle.
Gorgeous bird. Male saddles (if present) should be a golden shade, not black, on a bird this color. If this one is 9 weeks as well, you're only at the beginning of the window for them to be visible but with the complete lack of comb development, I think you may have a pullet. The yellow feathers in this image look quite blunt. The pointy looking one in the first image must have been camera angle.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking and hoping of course. Hoping my other Pav is too.

I dug a little deeper and this is a roo. Long, more creamy saddle feathers coming in. So, looks like *at least* 5 out of 6 in that hatch are boys.
Bummer. Well, at least you know. You hit the cockerel jackpot, didn't you?

The Pavlovskaya looks like a pullet to me too. Color of the saddles would be super obvious if they were coming in. Love her doo!

Can you post it again? Clear standing side view and a close up of the comb are the most helpful.

I am away from home and only have this one that is recently taken of "his" new saddle feathers.
Screenshot_20180506-130647_Photos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom