Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

These copper black Marans are 2 weeks. I know it's early but I'm thinking one of each. Too early to guess?
Not too early in this case. I think we can both tell which one is the rooster and which is the pullet. (left roo, right pullet)

Thanks! That's what I'm hoping. I want a baby boy (we have some wives ready and waiting!). He's so much braver and cocky than the other one. So funny to watch the two of them.

Here are the chicks in question, I didnt post them before because I thought they were both for sure cockerels but that was the product of tainted advice. They're around 5 weeks old. I'm a new chicken owner and would really appreciate the help!

Here are the chicks in question, I didnt post them before because I thought they were both for sure cockerels but that was the product of tainted advice. They're around 5 weeks old. I'm a new chicken owner and would really appreciate the help!

The advice was not tainted. Those are both cockerels. At only 5 weeks, both are far too pink in the comb.

All rooster except #1:)

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to look at them. I'd rather know now then waste my time with so many cockerels. We do have a dark/grey black chick who we thought was a boy because of it's dark red comb. It has abnormally long tail feathers compared to the rest of them. What do you think? (This is the last one I promise)

Oh yay! I won't get too excited but you have given me hope.
big_smile.png

Thanks for taking the time to look at them. I'd rather know now then waste my time with so many cockerels. We do have a dark/grey black chick who we thought was a boy because of it's dark red comb. It has abnormally long tail feathers compared to the rest of them. What do you think? (This is the last one I promise)

Hmm.. How old is this one? It looks at least 10-11 weeks old in total. Based off of feathering and the possible age I am thinking thats a definite hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom