Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I am actually starting to think that the black one pictured before that I originally thought was a roo, is actually a possible hen.. Looks about 11 weeks old as well. I see pink combs, reasonable wattle development, and no "roostery" feathering.

Hi and thank you so much for the help! I have 5 mixed breed .. and a splash cochin- all almost 5 weeks. The mixed breed are from a Black Australorp rooster and either Barred Rock or RIR hens. They are very active, inquisitive and.. did I say active? I'm 99% certain that the first pic 'Arrow' is a roo, and 2 and 3 are 'maybe' pullets. The cochin was a 'last one left' so we took him too and he is very placid and gentle, but he is picked on a lot by the roo and will beat his wings and rake back so I'm thinking he might be a he as well. I have him separated with the other white chick and the two of them are very peaceful together. Right now we're going with the theory that they're all roosters until somebody lays an egg.

Im totally new to chickens. I know its a Polish but no clue as to sex or name of color. Can someone help me please :)

All I can say he or she is too cute!!!
1f60d.png
they call the grey one "blue"
1f603.png
Look like a blue big bird!
1f495.png

Hi and thank you so much for the help! I have 5 mixed breed .. and a splash cochin- all almost 5 weeks. The mixed breed are from a Black Australorp rooster and either Barred Rock or RIR hens. They are very active, inquisitive and.. did I say active? I'm 99% certain that the first pic 'Arrow' is a roo, and 2 and 3 are 'maybe' pullets. The cochin was a 'last one left' so we took him too and he is very placid and gentle, but he is picked on a lot by the roo and will beat his wings and rake back so I'm thinking he might be a he as well. I have him separated with the other white chick and the two of them are very peaceful together. Right now we're going with the theory that they're all roosters until somebody lays an egg.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Taylor Swift didn't come from an Australorp/Barred Rock pairing or Australorp/RIR pairing.

We picked up 12 more "layers" to add to our flock early this spring 4 black australops, 4 new hampshire reds, 2 silver laced wyandots, and 2 auracanas. All were supposed to be pullets. Clearly not true because we have 2 black australop roos, a rooster i m not sure of the breed, and one that i think is an auracana roo. Both of these birds came out of the auracana trough at rural king. I m thinking the one is a roo silver laced wyandot and the other is a roo auracana.

Auracana?? Hen Or Roo??

We just call "him" puffy cheeks.

Silver laced wyandot roo or auracana roo or something else???

Thanks in advance! you guys are great!

7 wk old RIR, she has a more pronounced comb and waddles than all our othe chicks but we don't have any other RIR's to compare her to. Very new to this! Is our Molly Weasley actually an Arthur Weasley?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom