1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ftfarmer22, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ftfarmer22

ftfarmer22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    This a thread just for gender, nothing else. But, I can help:) This is normal, all chicks are different. Some of them will have more or less white than others. I'm not really sure if it has anything to do with gender, because all of them look like pullets. Maybe someone else knows the reason why those 2 might have more white, but my answer is that those two just happen to have more white. I don't really have much experience with wyandottes. 3 years ago I had 2 Silver Laced wyandotte hens, but that's it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. kaileenfoster

kaileenfoster Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2016

Well I thought that if maybe the more white had something to do with gender.. That is why I posted here. I just have never had whyandottes before and have alotnof questions!! Lol

3. kegmanatee

kegmanatee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2016
    Missouri
    Ok, my babies are 6 weeks old now. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the smaller of the two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this is the larger of the two. Any ideas?

Can everyone see my post? I've put two posts on this thread in the last couple weeks, but haven't had any responses.

4. happycorvid

happycorvid New Egg

Feb 24, 2016
    I have eight bantam chicks. They are 5 weeks old. Some I'm fairly certain are roos, some I have no clue. I think we are heavy on the boys though. : ( It might also be too early to tell? Thanks for helping!

I can also take better pictures with assistance later.

Bantam RIR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 5 week old black d'anvers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Polish: (Also above)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A "porcelain dutch"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my 2 naked necks... We are totally trying a crowing collar on the brown one if its he because it is so friendly. : (

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sebright is a bully, so will be going. Also, pretty sure sebright is a mean boy.

THANKS!

5. ftfarmer22

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    All are pullets exept the naked neck, the black d'anver, and the Wyandotte in the last photo.

1 person likes this.
  6. Chicks-Rule

Chicks-Rule Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    Hi! My chicks are 7 weeks old. Are these 2 silkies and 4 porcelain d'uccles all roosters??[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. chknhvnpreacher

chknhvnpreacher New Egg

Apr 20, 2016
    Coeburn, VA
    Anyone wanna take a stab at gender or age of this? It's at least part buff orpington?, and I think maybe crossed with columbian. THANKS![​IMG]

8. marcy0718

marcy0718 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    My chicks r 7 weeks old now I asked for your help before but I have better outside pics now the white one is the chick in ? [​IMG]dont want it to b a rooster[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ftfarmer22

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    They are all pullets! :)

10. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Too soon for the Silkies, but the D'uccles all look like roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by