Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Roo? 4 weeks old Splash Maran
cockerel

this is the picture I meant to send although the one where he she is cuddled up is cute too
cockerel, I think

pullet

Good afternoon!

I was wondering if I could get a second opinion on a bird I hatched. The bird in question is the black chick.
It's a black hybrid olive egger. It's buddy is a Red Jungle fowl (pullet I believe) that hatched at the same time.

I originally thought the black chick was a cockerel. The chick was really aggressive and confrontational. It grew quickly and had a stance closer to a cockerel.
It's comb also developed early. But now, I'm not so sure...lol. I don't see the hackles or saddle feathers developing like I assumed, and the bird acts more like a pullet now.
I'm used to EEs and not the straight comb.

Hatched March 13th

Today

Today
rooster, for sure

Is this a cockerel or a hen
[/URL]
S/he is 6 weeks old, and has some yellow c olored markings on its wings. Also what breed?
Looks like a pullet, maybe a Colombian wyandotte?

Good afternoon!

I was wondering if I could get a second opinion on a bird I hatched. The bird in question is the black chick.
It's a black hybrid olive egger. It's buddy is a Red Jungle fowl (pullet I believe) that hatched at the same time.

I originally thought the black chick was a cockerel. The chick was really aggressive and confrontational. It grew quickly and had a stance closer to a cockerel.
It's comb also developed early. But now, I'm not so sure...lol. I don't see the hackles or saddle feathers developing like I assumed, and the bird acts more like a pullet now.
I'm used to EEs and not the straight comb.

Hatched March 13th

Today

Today
I'm going to have to go with cockerel

OK the red does not show as well in these pics but Roo right? I just know he is by mannerisms alone! I have 100% guarantee by the breeder if this is a roo to swap him out for a hen. He sure is a stunning bird but I can not handle a roo alone. Please help me confirm?

Back
Top Bottom