Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

As a chick it looked just like mottled java and I have looked at pics online and they look just like mine? Now I am confused.
Anconas, Exchequer Leghorns, and Mottled Javas do all look the same as chicks. It's when they begin to grow that the differences in breeds becomes apparent. Javas are large, heavy-set birds. Your bird has the slim build of a Mediterranean breed, either Ancona or Leghorn.

Alright here is another one of my chickens that is now about 8 weeks old, some photos 7 weeks. It is for sure a bantam, leaning towards Cochins bantam. I believe it is a girl but not for sure. One picture is in the rain.

Anconas, Exchequer Leghorns, and Mottled Javas do all look the same as chicks. It's when they begin to grow that the differences in breeds becomes apparent. Javas are large, heavy-set birds. Your bird has the slim build of a Mediterranean breed, either Ancona or Leghorn.

Interesting...I will do the research on those...I dont know if I will change her name...currently Java

Just looked them up...I am leaning toward the ancona, judging by the pics I am looking at...she appears to be a hen and she is super sweet, I will keep her!

Thanks for the info

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom