Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Pullet that will be laying very soon.
OHHHH TY!! you have made my day. Someone on FB (yea I know) Mentioned that Elvira was a strange name for a Roo. I knew you would be able to make me feel better. She is my favorite- and my Roo's favorite too.
yesss.gif

A friend of mine has a 15 month old white crested blue polish that has always looked a bit buff. However, by this age my white rested blue polish were very obviously roosters. What do you think of this 15 month old?

I just posted a picture of a friend's white crested blue polish at 15 weeks old. Below are pictures of my two white crested blue polish roos when they were 15 weeks old.

A friend of mine has a 15 month old white crested blue polish that has always looked a bit buff. However, by this age my white rested blue polish were very obviously roosters. What do you think of this 15 month old?

I just posted a picture of a friend's white crested blue polish at 15 weeks old. Below are pictures of my two white crested blue polish roos when they were 15 weeks old.

Compare the coloring and the feathering of the known cockerels to the one you aren't sure about. Notice any differences? Do you see how patchy the boys' coloring is? Do see how even and uniform the one that's in question is? The gender of your friend's bird is obvious.

By the way, I'm an idiot. All of the pictures above of the white crested blue polish chicken pictures were taken at 15 WEEKS old-- not months! The one in question has always had a crazy crest and acted like a roo--you know how they pose and are more aggressive and active. The one in question also has definite wattles. However, the wattles are smaller than my roosters were at the same age, and the coloring is quite uniform as you have pointed out. My friend has another 15 week old white crested blue polish that has the more traditional puffy crest and less pronounced wattles. That one was easy to figure out. Both were bought as day old sexed pullets so my friend will be glad to see your reply. Now that I corrected the age--they are 15 weeks--do you still come to the same conclusion? By now you would expect to see more color variation if it was indeed a roo?

Back
Top Bottom