Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

15 weeks
1f60a.png

By the way, I'm an idiot. All of the pictures above of the white crested blue polish chicken pictures were taken at 15 WEEKS old-- not months! The one in question has always had a crazy crest and acted like a roo--you know how they pose and are more aggressive and active. The one in question also has definite wattles. However, the wattles are smaller than my roosters were at the same age, and the coloring is quite uniform as you have pointed out. My friend has another 15 week old white crested blue polish that has the more traditional puffy crest and less pronounced wattles. That one was easy to figure out. Both were bought as day old sexed pullets so my friend will be glad to see your reply. Now that I corrected the age--they are 15 weeks--do you still come to the same conclusion? By now you would expect to see more color variation if it was indeed a roo?
Blue males are always 'patchy'.

By the way, I'm an idiot. All of the pictures above of the white crested blue polish chicken pictures were taken at 15 WEEKS old-- not months! The one in question has always had a crazy crest and acted like a roo--you know how they pose and are more aggressive and active. The one in question also has definite wattles. However, the wattles are smaller than my roosters were at the same age, and the coloring is quite uniform as you have pointed out. My friend has another 15 week old white crested blue polish that has the more traditional puffy crest and less pronounced wattles. That one was easy to figure out.  Both were bought as day old sexed pullets so my friend will be glad to see your reply.  Now that I corrected the age--they are 15 weeks--do you still come to the same conclusion? By now you would expect to see more color variation if it was indeed a roo?

Top looks like a pullet bottom a roo

Working more on the coop everything is bought should only be three days now here's an update I can't keep up with pics of all 25 of them lol

Watson - bantam mix

Puddin - D'uccle mix

Harley Quinn - Rhode Island Red

Joker - Rhode Island Red

Arya - Easter Egger

Appa - Gold Laced Wyandotte

Scarlet - D'uccle mix and Puddins sister

Baby pile

Avalon - Easter Egger loves pj pants

Nimue- Easter Egger

Captain Boomerang - bantam mix my beautiful roo roo loves Jon Snow

Back