1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ftfarmer22, Apr 14, 2016.

1. cherie19

cherie19 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2016
    Pretty sure it's s rooster...[​IMG]

2. Southern Bells

Southern Bells Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2016
    Florida
    I switched from mobile mode. Let me know if the picture displays in this mode. [​IMG]

3. lclark

lclark 20 acres bliss

Mar 22, 2016
    Great Lakes State
    Picture came thru [​IMG] Looks like a cockerel

4. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Roo

5. ftfarmer22

ftfarmer22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    Yes but I figured since the other one was so busy I would make a 2nd one. I put your name in the beggining of this thread but you never replied. We also do breed.:) Hope you don't mind.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  6. kyleigh

kyleigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2016

[​IMG]
    This is the one I suspect a rooster. I definitely heard crowing this morning.
    [​IMG]
    This is the other one I have. It looks very simile to the first only the face looks different. This one is a bit more shy so face pictures are harder, if you need I can get one.

7. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    [​IMG]

Guessing Roo on these two (they are either barred rock mix it pure barred rock but
    I'm guessing mix because their barring isn't what I'd expect with pure)...they're 5.5weeks old...super tall stature - long necks and legs and very pecky with me...

[​IMG]

Not sure on this one - barring appears to have more white but comb appears smaller - could also be BR mix or full...

[​IMG]

5.5 week buff orp...comb seems a bit more prominent than the other two I have...thinking roo?

8. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Just some guesses -mixed BRs first two, cockerels... Buff and last BR pullets

9. lclark

lclark 20 acres bliss

Mar 22, 2016
    Great Lakes State
    Your barred rocks could be mixed but keep in mind they are still quite young. The chicks appear to be speckled before the barring fully comes in. First 2 roos, BO pullet and last barred rock pullet. Nice chicks!

10. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS

Thank you! All the BR or BR mixes are from my flock - I've got a pure BR roo over two BR, 1 black sex link, 1 Easter egger and 4 black jersey giants. [​IMG] So those are the combos possible there...!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by