Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Anyone want to try guessing mine? I'm a newbie. Sorry they are not the best photos. I have more, but I can't tell the orpingtons apart in them, lol. I made a point for these ones..

4 week old olive egger (ameraucana X maran), I believe she is a pullet.

4 week old buff orpington #1 (next to olive egger and buff orpington #2). I am guessing cockerel.

Splash (ameraucana X maran). I am guessing cockerel but I hope not, lol

Buff orpington #1 and #2 (I'm guessing #2 is a pullet because she is smaller and has shorter feathers)

Buff orpingtons, #1 in back, #2 in front

Buff orpington #3. I am guessing cockerel.

Splash, and not sure which orp is which

Itty Bitty. I am guessing pullet. I'm not sure what she is. She was part of the same hatch as the other olive eggers, and I was told she was also an ameraucana X maran, however she has always been twice as small..

I'll try to get more photos when I find my camera charger.

Anyone want to try guessing mine? I'm a newbie. Sorry they are not the best photos. I have more, but I can't tell the orpingtons apart in them, lol. I made a point for these ones.. 4 week old olive egger (ameraucana X maran), I believe she is a pullet. 4 week old buff orpington #1 (next to olive egger and buff orpington #2). I am guessing cockerel. Splash (ameraucana X maran). I am guessing cockerel but I hope not, lol Buff orpington #1 and #2 (I'm guessing #2 is a pullet because she is smaller and has shorter feathers) Buff orpingtons, #1 in back, #2 in front Buff orpington #3. I am guessing cockerel. Splash, and not sure which orp is which Itty Bitty. I am guessing pullet. I'm not sure what she is. She was part of the same hatch as the other olive eggers, and I was told she was also an ameraucana X maran, however she has always been twice as small.. I'll try to get more photos when I find my camera charger.
pullet Cockerel? Cockerel? Pullets Pullets Cockerel cockerel Pullet In order according to photo, hopefully I didn't mix any up :p

M

I am wondering about our Wendy, seven-week-old EE. "She" looks different and is more aggressive and bossy than any of her coop mates.
That is, unfortunately, a rooster :(

Thank you for answering, I was having trouble displaying the image. What a shame, this was my sweetest and what I thought was my first girl to ring the "bell"and lay an egg. :/

I'm super new to Chicken raising, and I have several chicks that I am on the fence about, but sometimes they make it easy, even for us newbies.
I have 3 Welsummers that aren't quite 4 weeks old, even so, this week one sprouted a significant comb, he is much less feathered, his legs are huge compared to the other 2 and he sits and walks differently with a super long neck.
It's too early to say for sure that the other 2 are pullets, but I feel fairly confident that he is a cockerel

Him

Vs her

As I feared...I wonder, for you that can tell for sure, what gives it away? And thank you for the help.

At 7 weeks old the comb is quite red. The behavior can account for some of it however many pullets are quite capable of roo-ish behavior. In my experience you will not see a comb that red, that young, on a pullet.

I'm super new to Chicken raising, and I have several chicks that I am on the fence about, but sometimes they make it easy, even for us newbies.
I have 3 Welsummers that aren't quite 4 weeks old, even so, this week one sprouted a significant comb, he is much less feathered, his legs are huge compared to the other 2 and he sits and walks differently with a super long neck.
It's too early to say for sure that the other 2 are pullets, but I feel fairly confident that he is a cockerel

Him

Vs her

Cockerel indeed
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom