Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Could I have some input on my 6 week old Easter egger? I'm having a tough time with this one. The comb is not usually pink like this she was flustered by my holding her, but is that 3 rows?

Anyone want to try guessing mine? I'm a newbie. Sorry they are not the best photos. I have more, but I can't tell the orpingtons apart in them, lol. I made a point for these ones..

4 week old olive egger (ameraucana X maran), I believe she is a pullet.

4 week old buff orpington #1 (next to olive egger and buff orpington #2). I am guessing cockerel.

Splash (ameraucana X maran). I am guessing cockerel but I hope not, lol

Buff orpington #1 and #2 (I'm guessing #2 is a pullet because she is smaller and has shorter feathers)

Buff orpingtons, #1 in back, #2 in front

Buff orpington #3. I am guessing cockerel.

Splash, and not sure which orp is which

Itty Bitty. I am guessing pullet. I'm not sure what she is. She was part of the same hatch as the other olive eggers, and I was told she was also an ameraucana X maran, however she has always been twice as small..

I'll try to get more photos when I find my camera charger.
The splash mix look like a possible cockerel, also the BOs look like possible cockerels. I would post again in another week or 3 to confirm.

I'm super new to Chicken raising, and I have several chicks that I am on the fence about, but sometimes they make it easy, even for us newbies.
I have 3 Welsummers that aren't quite 4 weeks old, even so, this week one sprouted a significant comb, he is much less feathered, his legs are huge compared to the other 2 and he sits and walks differently with a super long neck.
It's too early to say for sure that the other 2 are pullets, but I feel fairly confident that he is a cockerel

Him
Vs her
#1 look like a cockerel

Hi I'm new to the forum and after some answers please to identify gender and breed of my 4 chicks

This is Cersei. I've been told Lohmann brown. 4 weeks old. Other pics show her at 2 weeks. Feathers have grown super fast.

Sunny-Rae. Not sure of breed. 3 weeks old. Feathering much slower than Cersei.

Australorp. This bird is showing reddish colouring throughout feathers. Is that typical though of this breed? 4 weeks old. Huge size compared to the other chick at same age.

This is theodore or theodora. Smallest of the lot. Nearly 3 weeks old.

Any ideas or should I wait awhile? I'm asking because if they are Roos, Ill have to gentle move them on as I can't keep them in my locality.

Kindest regards
Cersei looks like a Red sex-link pullet
Sunny-Rae not sure
"Australorp" if it is showing redish on its feathering it is most likely a Black sex-link
Theodore looks like a Black sex-link as well
I think you have all pullet except for Sunny-Rae who maybe a cockerel but it is to young to say for sure.

Thanks. Its very confusing because it has some reddish orange color on its wings. Its not developing like a rooster though? I thought I read somewhere all EE roos get red wings. Something along that line.
Easter Eggers are mixes so there is not standerd of how they will look, though some EE roosters tend to have red patches on their wings. I'm unsure on your chicken, could you get a picture of it standing by itself?

Back
Top Bottom