Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hello!

This chick is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, the sole chick to hatch from shipped eggs. S/he is 4 1/2 weeks old. Any thoughts on pullet or cockerel at this point? I had to assist this one's hatching, and it is the gentlest, cuddliest baby.

Hello!

My neighbor is wondering if this pullet is a roo or just a noisy gal. Help?!?

Here's a better pic of the face .
She is larger and has a larger comb and waddle than the others. Her stance seems to be the same as the others however. They are all right around 22-25 weeks.

Here's a better pic of the face .
She is larger and has a larger comb and waddle than the others. Her stance seems to be the same as the others however. They are all right around 22-25 weeks.

Need a better pic that shows the feathering on the back very clearly. Phone cameras tend to not be crisp enough.

Hello!

This chick is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, the sole chick to hatch from shipped eggs. S/he is 4 1/2 weeks old. Any thoughts on pullet or cockerel at this point? I had to assist this one's hatching, and it is the gentlest, cuddliest baby.

Too young to be certain at this point, but I am thinking cockerel due to the comb/wattles already coming in.
sad.png

Hi there

I have 3 black silkies (maybe crosses) which are approx. 8 weeks. I think I might have one girl and two boys, can you help confirm?

I think the one with the gold neck feather is a girl (first photo right), and the other two the one with black and white neck feathers and the one with a white wing tip are boys as their combs are more pronounced than the one with gold neck feathers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi there

I have 3 black silkies (maybe crosses) which are approx. 8 weeks. I think I might have one girl and two boys, can you help confirm?

I think the one with the gold neck feather is a girl (first photo right), and the other two the one with black and white neck feathers and the one with a white wing tip are boys as their combs are more pronounced than the one with gold neck feathers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Those are silkie crosses, and the one with gold is the only pullet.

Back
Top Bottom