Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

roo or pullet

I vote rooster as well
1f606.png

Neither have laid any eggs and they are like 16 weeks I believe. My silver laced haven't laid any eggs either. Maybe someone else can chime in on these two because from my research, the barred rock cockerels are light in color.
4 months old? I would imagine the pullets have small pink combs and hardly any waddles? And will begin laying within a month... They are cockerels I believe , where did you get them?

Anyone on here fairly descent at feather sexing day olds? Had a Lav Orp hatch last night and I'm curious. I know it's not 100% fool proof, but would be nice to have an educated guess.

Anyone on here fairly descent at feather sexing day olds? Had a Lav Orp hatch last night and I'm curious. I know it's not 100% fool proof, but would be nice to have an educated guess.
I'm good at it. I've never been wrong but no it's not fool proof and doesn't do all breeds but orps usually pretty reliable.

I have 2 BLR wyandottes. Their combs are very different. 5 weeks. No redness or wattles in either.

Chick 1:

Chick 2:

I also have an australorp. 4 weeks old. Acts very pullet-like, but this comb and wattles has me worried. Haven't had an australorp chick before.

Last edited:
I purchased this chicken at Atwoods out of the "Laying Banded Pullets" bin along with the other 2 behind him/her. He/She is 6 weeks old and has a slightly larger comb than the others and is already getting wattles. I'm not sure if I got Leghorns or White Rocks but could you at least tell me if this one looks like its a rooster or a pullet?

One closest to the camera by the water dish...

I purchased this chicken at Atwoods out of the "Laying Banded Pullets" bin along with the other 2 behind him/her. He/She is 6 weeks old and has a slightly larger comb than the others and is already getting wattles. I'm not sure if I got Leghorns or White Rocks but could you at least tell me if this one looks like its a rooster or a pullet? One closest to the camera by the water dish...
Looks like a young cockerel
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom