Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I am about 95% sure I have an EE cockerel, but would like some input. This is Edith/Edd at 10 weeks. Has all of the physical markers,I think, but does not act like a roo. My 10 week old Delaware is more dominant.
That's a cockerel. Perhaps he'll be satisfied as a beta or he may assert himself later. The order is by no means settled at 10 weeks.

Awesome! Sadly I have a light Brahma that is 15 weeks and everyone thought was pullet at 12 and am not so sure now. Supposed to be sexed but we all know how that goes. Hasn't started crowing so still holding out hope but new feathers around tail have me worried. They are thinner and look pointy cuz of black markings but are narrower. I'm hoping but not looking good. Comb has gotten red over last week or so but not always red.View attachment 556867 View attachment 556868 View attachment 556867 View attachment 556868 View attachment 556867 View attachment 556868 View attachment 556867 View attachment 556868 View attachment 556867 View attachment 556868
This is at 12 weeks last month
View attachment 556872 View attachment 556867 View attachment 556868 View attachment 556870 View attachment 556872 View attachment 556877
Any opinions?

I am about 95% sure I have an EE cockerel, but would like some input. This is Edith/Edd at 10 weeks. Has all of the physical markers,I think, but does not act like a roo. My 10 week old Delaware is more dominant.
View attachment 556893 View attachment 556883 View attachment 556891
View attachment 556892

Both definitely roosters. Although that Brahma, at 12 weeks I would have said girl lol

But with his markings, the way he carries himself, tail feathers and carriage, thick legs, and comb/wattles, etc., definitely a rooster.

And that other bird he's got the three rows of peas and physical coloring sp I say roo for him too

Boom, just like that, male feathers. Yeah, that's a cockerel.
Yeah that's what I thought has always been dominant from a few weeks old. Not a mean lil guy but I can't have roosters here. I'm selling my house and if happens quick enough I will keep him but if not will sadly have to go. New place I can keep anything and 10 acres to run. So praying all falls together in time

Yeah that's what I thought has always been dominant from a few weeks old. Not a mean lil guy but I can't have roosters here. I'm selling my house and if happens quick enough I will keep him but if not will sadly have to go. New place I can keep anything and 10 acres to run. So praying all falls together in time

Hope it all works out!

And maybe you could try a no crow collar or something? That way you could keep him until you can move
Yes, but only problem is I don't want any complaints as I'm over limit for township at moment only by 2, but trying to keep a low profile. Someone called code enforcer and he sent email saying chickens were fine in my township as long as coop and run are 25ft from adjacent lot structures and no Roosters. I think they don't want noise or breeding here.

Back
Top Bottom