Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Is my hen a rooster? I have a dozen and all the others look like the front one. It's not only how it looks but also its behavior. It proofs its neck feathers out and flies toward the others with its feet turned up like a rooster!

I was asked to look for a second opinion on these two! The others are all sorted out. (I have lots of Roos!
1f615.png
)

10-weeks old
Father is brahma/Wyandotte cross
My original post is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109445/10-week-old-chicks-sexes
"Rex" - sorry, he's really good at avoiding pictures! Hope these are OK. Thought he was for sure a cockerel but his feathering/tail are starting to look pullet-y to me? I'm no expert! Would love your thoughts.
*mama could be my white australorp or a white mixed breed.

Chick 4, as I call it!
*mama is proooobably my SLW, otherwise I have RI reds, australorps, SS.

Chick 4 is as big as its buddy here - but it's comb and wattle aren't nearly as pronounced. And I want to say while thickish, its legs aren't as heavy. For reference, here's the buddy who is most certainly a cockerel and looking to be from the same mama:
All cockerels. Male specific feathering is just beginning to develop at 10 weeks, and it may be several more weeks for those feathers to be clearly visible.

Is my hen a rooster? I have a dozen and all the others look like the front one. It's not only how it looks but also its behavior. It proofs its neck feathers out and flies toward the others with its feet turned up like a rooster!

The one in the front looks like a pullet to me, and the one in the back looks kinda like a rooster. Hen will puff up their neck feathers, too, when they are determining the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom