Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I have 3- 7 week australorps I need help trying to determine their sex! I've been a little off in the past! My 12 week old puller started to crow this last week! Lol

Pullet or cockle?

This is the same chicken

...and the last two pics are same chicken!
Thank you so much for you help!

I have 3- 7 week australorps I need help trying to determine their sex! I've been a little off in the past! My 12 week old puller started to crow this last week! Lol

Pullet or cockle?

This is the same chicken

...and the last two pics are same chicken!
Thank you so much for you help!

They all look like pullets to me ...but I'm no expert. They look like my australorp pullet at 7 weeks. :)

I was pretty sure my 8-week old splash Cochin was a boy because he's had little red wattles and a little pink comb since about 3 weeks... but they don't seem to be getting any bigger and after looking at other photos of splash Cochins, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but might he be a she?! He/she is very docile and timid, but stands tall like a roo. What do you think?

Okay have a few more for you all to look at. Just want to see if you all are thinking what I am thinking lol

Chick 1 EE about 7-8weeks old:

Chick 2 Maran x also about 7-8 weeks old:

Chick 3 maran about 6weeks old:

Chick 4, my hopeful olive egger and last/only chick out of my ameraucana before she passed :( about 6 weeks old:

Okay have a few more for you all to look at. Just want to see if you all are thinking what I am thinking lol

Chick 1 EE about 7-8weeks old:

Chick 2 Maran x also about 7-8 weeks old:

Chick 3 maran about 6weeks old:

Chick 4, my hopeful olive egger and last/only chick out of my ameraucana before she passed
sad.png
about 6 weeks old:

Are you sure that they are that old? At the moment Chick 3 looks a little suspicious but other then that so far you have pullets. Post again in another 2 weeks to confirm.

I was pretty sure my 8-week old splash Cochin was a boy because he's had little red wattles and a little pink comb since about 3 weeks... but they don't seem to be getting any bigger and after looking at other photos of splash Cochins, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but might he be a she?! He/she is very docile and timid, but stands tall like a roo. What do you think?

Cochins are tricky, but since it is already getting a red comb I'm going with cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom