Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I posted 2 buff Orpington chicks at 6 weeks they are now 8 weeks it was thought female. They both look like this now. I would say their behaviour is hen like
Thanks

Last edited:
Now 17 weeks old. I posted pics of my mini flock a few weeks ago - everyone responding said pullets with one person saying my Lavender Orpington was looking like it may be a Roo.
The Silkies were just called Silkies - though I'm now starting to think I may have a pair.
So here they are again with 2 pics of the Lav Orp.

I'm including pics of the rest just for fun - still hoping they are all pullets.

Now 17 weeks old. I posted pics of my mini flock a few weeks ago - everyone responding said pullets with one person saying my Lavender Orpington was looking like it may be a Roo. The Silkies were just called Silkies - though I'm now starting to think I may have a pair. So here they are again with 2 pics of the Lav Orp. I'm including pics of the rest just for fun - still hoping they are all pullets.
All pullets, except the Silkies... I'd bet the non bearded is a cockerel, but the bearded is looking iffy too - the stance is a bit leggy for a hen...

All pullets, except the Silkies... I'd bet the non bearded is a cockerel, but the bearded is looking iffy too - the stance is a bit leggy for a hen...

Thanks!
The Silkie in question with the beard almost never gets up like that, in fact that was the only time I've ever seen it do that. I took the pic then as it gave a good comparison of the 2.

I've included some photos of one of my polish chickens, Brownie, who is about 4 months old. Supposed to be female, but now I'm wondering. We trimmed her/his topknot early on, so the shape probably isn't what it should be.

I've also included a pic of our blue cochin rooster, Grayson,'cause he's pretty and it will give you a break in deciding! (There was no question about him from almost the beginning!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom