Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hello! I'm posting the same chicken, a few weeks later... what do you think she (hopefully she!!!??) is??
She doesn't have any saddle feathers as far as I can see, the rest of her feathers are fairly rounded, when you stroke her, she lifts her bum a bit (which is apparently a sign she's ready to start laying?) and her tail shape is similar to the hen we have already.... her comb is a little big but I was convinced she was a girl.., this morning, she made a funny gurgling sound while flapping her wings... it sounded like an attempted crow...
Any ideas as to what she is? She must be about 4-5 months now...
Please help!
I am 99% positive you have a cockerel on your hands. He does look to be about 12 weeks old

Thanks for the help! The lady who gave him to us told us that she was 2 months old and then contacted us again a few weeks ago, saying that she was sure they were actually older, she'd mistook the dates.... maybe she mistook them again? I was going off of what she said... thanks so much for the help though... I guess all I can do now is wait until the crowing starts full ball, or until there's an egg hidden in the coop :hmm

Thanks Janie Hall, they are characters!
Thank you for your input hennie1129, I'm brand new to chickens so this is my first rodeo. I'm almost 100% sure top left is a boy, "he" runs the show! Bottom left was looking ambiguous until last week when "his" comb seemed to sprout overnight and turn reddish. I'm gonna hold on to hope that one or both on the right side may be pullets! I'll update with pictures in a couple of weeks. :)

This baby was born on 2/3/17. I know it may still be a lottle early but it has really advanced feathering. I have 2 babie that hatched a week after this one that are already showing characteristics of cockerels (i.e. Developing big combs, pink combs and wattles and they are even trying to crow at 3 weeks of age
1f602.png
).

This baby shouls be an Olive Egger/easter egger (suspected daddy is F1 olive egger and mom a BCM cross) however there is a slight chance that it is just a BCM cross, if my late BCM got to mom before he passed.

Any way this is River. Any guesses if you have any considering its age greatly appreciated. I can and will post pics as it ages. But for now I am hoping for a pullet since the other two were males :/.

For comparison here are the cockerels that are a week younger.

This baby was born on 2/3/17.

See where the wing is filling in? I could swear it's coming in white. That would be a sure sign that it's male.

Or is it feather shafts and glare on an old picture? The first photo looks fully feathered?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom