Not sure just what this guy and hen are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrwoodboat, Dec 26, 2012.

1. mrwoodboat

mrwoodboat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

so can anyone help me identify these guys? They came with a group of chickens I picked up from a guy who was moving. Both of them are calm and seem to get along well with the rest of the chickens in their group.

This is the hen. I am thinking they are what I have heard called Easter Eggers- haven't seen any eggs yet but it has only been 2 days and the guy said he wasn't feeding them the right feed (low protein) I have them on good feed now so hoepfully, we will see some eggs before too long. (It is still in the mid 60's here)
    [​IMG]

2. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    The coloring and the pea combs look like EE, but the yellow feet are throwing me. Most EE have the pea comb but slate or greenish legs. I do have a yellow legged EE but they are rare. Usually the greenish or slate legs. Mine with the yellow legs does lay a green blue egg. Time will tell, let us know when she lays!

3. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    Ya, the yellow is very uncommon. [​IMG]

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

I have seen a lot of yellow-legged EE's, not sure they're as uncommon as we think [​IMG] And agreed, I want to know what color eggs she lays!

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    both pics show EE's

6. Druantai

Druantai Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    easter egger. I got a yellow and white one. :S The tuffs and the rumps are a dead giveaway, along with the pea comb.

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Easter eggers. She may not lay until spring unless you're supplementing light.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by