Not sure what’s going on here

Is she making that flapping posture momentarily or for a longer time and using her wings like crutches? A video would be much more helpful. And is this only happening to one duck or multiple?
I have 4 females, one started doing and is now fine, now the other khaki is doing it. And yes, she uses them like crutches for a minute, composes herself and is good for awhile. Going to get on fb to add video

Finally, tech stuff is not my thing 🤷🏻‍♀️ Anyway I have 2 khakis and 2 chocolate runners girls. Got them in July so they lay eggs pretty much daily. Forage mainly plus their regular food. Have had ducks before but this is something new for me
what is their regular feed? seems to be either egg bound (calcium deficiency) or a niacin deficiency

If you have noticed other members of the flock exhibiting similar symptoms I would make a preliminary assumption/guess the problem is environmental, or contagious in nature, and is not a singular condition that's going to usually only affect one member of the flock in most scenarios.

That would help narrow down to several conditions, but not to the point anyone here can say with certainty what the problem might be. Diagnosis in most cases relies on physical examination, and diagnostic testing something we can not do over the web. If you have access to a veterinarian in your area, that may be able to provide insight into what might be going on.

Conditions affecting the neurological system can create disruptions between the spinal nerves leading to the legs and to the brain. Examples of what may cause this would include, bacterial infections (clostridium specifically), internal parasites, heavy metal poisoning, nutritional deficiency, metabolic disorders, and more.

My suggestion would be to thoroughly examine your setup for anything that may be causing disturbances to their systems. If the feed you are using is expired, or old, the ingredients may have degraded and could be causing problems. It may be worth a try to switch to a different brand of feed and watch for improvements.

Back
Top Bottom