Not sure what stages eggs are in. One hatched last week, another trying to hatch tonight but seems t

Well horrible actually. We had a major setback today. On Wednesday night another chicken hatched. It fluffed and everything but does the next day. :( today, an egg exploded. It was horrible. 2 more eggs were trying hatch when I noticed the stink. HORRIBLE!!!! Most ridiculous mess ever. So whie I cleaned te mess and put the incubator outside to disinfect, I laid the other two in a box with a lamp and moist paper towels. One didn't make it out, it wasn't ready... The other is completely out of the shell but I had it leave it in the brooder. I went to dinner and I'm praying she's still alive when I get home. So I have 3 chicks for sure, one trying to pull through and I threw the rest out bc I was afraid there were bad also. Also scared the baby that just hatched might be contaminated. :( so it's going, just not going good.

Sorry to hear you had an exploder :sick With the eggs being of an unknown age it is a real risk. Also exploders easily contaminate other eggs so I think you have done the right thing by throwing the others away.
I hope your last chick that made it out of the egg pulls through for you :fl

Back
Top Bottom