Not sure what stages eggs are in. One hatched last week, another trying to hatch tonight but seems t

sorry the pics are not great. she seems weak. I don't know if she will make it or not. the egg had some really nasty stuff that was still somewhat attached to it. she just hatched a few hours ago though. im going to give her some time before I pull her out of the incubator. is there some ointment I can put on the blood spot? also, If I have to keep the area super clean, should I not put her in the broody box with her sibling?

From your pics she looks ok try not to panic about her being weak :hugs Hatching is very tiring for them and they need to rest a lot. So looking weak is quite normal at this stage. She is fine to stay in the incubator for upto three days after hatching. So try not to be in a rush to put her in the brooder. Especially with the other chick being older it could start pecking which could be a bit much for the newly hatched one. I don't move mine to the brooder for at least 24 hours after hatching or when hatch is complete and everyone is fluffy. The gunk in the egg is normal it's the poop that has no where to go while the chick is in there. When it's dry you could put some anti bac ointment on but hopefully by the time you move it it should have dried up ok.

So pleased for you that it's hatched on its own it's always better for them.

shes moving around in the bator but still wobbly. the only reason Im in a rush to get her out of the bator is because im not 100% sure that the other eggs are good. I would think she would need fresh air to breathe. The blood spot is starting to dry up now. The blood veins in the egg shell are still moist though. Im not quite sure what happened but she is ok for now.

Some thin blood veins are normal here are some of my eggs after hatch

If you think the others are bad then move her but just make sure she is kept warm as she is still damp she could get a chill. With rest she should perk up.

Back
Top Bottom