Not sure whats wrong

Cschillo

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2022
I have a 9 week Ameraucana pullet (Roo) who i noticed today very lethargic. I immediately isolated it, it will drink water (electrolytes) and eat (chick starter and grow, feed mixed with coconut milk, mill worms) but would rather sleep. Sometimes in the food. It didn't poop all day and thought maybe constipation, it finally pooped and it was bright green. Comb is pale and no pasty butt.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1655840144962.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655840144962.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 18
I have a 9 week Ameraucana pullet (Roo) who i noticed today very lethargic. I immediately isolated it, it will drink water (electrolytes) and eat (chick starter and grow, feed mixed with coconut milk, mill worms) but would rather sleep. Sometimes in the food. It didn't poop all day and thought maybe constipation, it finally pooped and it was bright green. Comb is pale and no pasty butt.
Welcome To BYC

Where are you located in the world?

Can you get some photos of the poop?
Tell us what his crop feels like?
Any chance feed has gotten moldy or he ate anything toxic or rotten?

I would get him hydrated, see that the crop is emptying overnight. Coccidiosis is always a possibility in bird so young, so consider treating for that. If you are in the US, Corid can be found in stores like TSC. Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powder Corid dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

I'd cut out the coconut milk and meal worms, offer chick starter.

Welcome To BYC

Where are you located in the world?

Can you get some photos of the poop?
Tell us what his crop feels like?
Any chance feed has gotten moldy or he ate anything toxic or rotten?

I would get him hydrated, see that the crop is emptying overnight. Coccidiosis is always a possibility in bird so young, so consider treating for that. If you are in the US, Corid can be found in stores like TSC. Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powder Corid dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

I'd cut out the coconut milk and meal worms, offer chick starter.
Colorado, USA. Crop does feel empty. My husband said a grasshopper was in the coop and its normally him that would get it, so has me wondering if it was sprayed with a pesticide. This one is the only one sick.

Colorado, USA. Crop does feel empty. My husband said a grasshopper was in the coop and its normally him that would get it, so has me wondering if it was sprayed with a pesticide. This one is the only one sick.
I woke up this morning to the crop fine. He sounds wheezy when I put him close to my ear.

Did he poop overnight? What was that like?

Glad to hear the crop was empty/flat this morning.

Wheezing might be respiratory disease. It can be very hard to nail down what's wrong sometimes.
If respiratory, then you can try Tylan to see if that helps. Make sure he's drinking well and has plenty of ventilation.

Did he poop overnight? What was that like?

Glad to hear the crop was empty/flat this morning.

Wheezing might be respiratory disease. It can be very hard to nail down what's wrong sometimes.
If respiratory, then you can try Tylan to see if that helps. Make sure he's drinking well and has plenty of ventilation.
Yes, once. I just watched him poop and it was clear liquid and a little green.

Should I do electrolytes or treat for corrid in its water first? I am treating with VetRX

Attachments

• 20220622_124558.jpg
    20220622_124558.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom