Not too bad updates on pg. 2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkieluvr, Dec 16, 2007.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Well on a good note, it looks like I will have another great hatch from the eggs that I got from Dipsy! They're due on the 21st and every one that I candled tonight had a chickie inside. On a sad not though the ones from Jen at Sassy Silkies of 17 eggs I can only see really well defined growth in 2 of the eggs [​IMG] I'm so upset I really was looking forward to having a herd of Sassy Silkies but I left the others that were questionable in the bator and maybe we will have a christmas miracle! Also the eggs that survived from ksacres are on day 18 tomorrow so [​IMG] we will have a great hatch with those little ones!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I hope the questionable ones are fertile. Please keep us updated on those

3. Hi Alyssa!
    That's great to hear! Weren't those the ones that got hung up in the mail a few extra days? I'm so glad they are growing for you.

Happy Holidays!
    Lisa

4. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Yep! The eggs were stuck in the mail for an entire week and I threw one out after about 7 days now the others all look great!

5. Hi! Any early pippers?

Happy Holidays!
    Lisa

6. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Still nothing from the first batch, tonight at 6 is the start of day 21 and nothing [​IMG] . The ones from Lisa and Jen start day 18 tomorrow at 6. Hopefully things go better with that batch [​IMG]

7. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    [​IMG] sorry to hear that. I know it sucks. But, just wait a few days and you'll have cute little Dipsy doodle do chicks.

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Any luck yet??

9. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    unfortunately nothing, I think that when the other eggs broke they might have put extra bacteria into these remaining eggs [​IMG] I'm going to let them stay a few more days just in case but... it doesn't look to good right now

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    No peeping or anything?? Did you try the tap test? What day is this for them? I do know that incubator cleanliness is very important, but I hope you at least get one or two!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by