Note to self - chick raising 101

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Note to self: When you are wearing a pink bandaid on your pinkie finger, never stick your hand in a pen full of always hungry chicks.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Funny part is the bandaid is covering an actual bona fide chicken bite. My half blind hen missed when I offered her a piece of bread and almost took my fingernail off. *ouch*

lau.gif

Too True!

This rule also applies to painted fingernails and toenails...
Flip flops in the chicken coop are a VERY bad idea!

hide.gif

For future information, don't wear fluffy yarn crocheted flip flops when going out to feed the flock. They'll chase you through the yard back into the house.

also never wear shoe laces into the coop / run....I was running behind and wore my running shoes into the coop to refill their feeders. they tried making off with my shoe laces and when I bent down to re-do my laces one tried to take my glasses!!! Pullets are crazy funny sometimes!!

I bought several EE hens at a local swap meet last weekend. 4 of them came together & are about 4 mo. old. Whoever had them before me, hand fed them to death! I will go out & feed, & the 4 will follow me around. I have 6 pens to feed, & throw food in front of them all the way through feeding. They won't eat unless I hold a handful of food for them, & then they attack it like they're starving,& trying their best to get a piece of finger flesh for dessert.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom